With the world of social media being so fast-paced, it can feel like you’re constantly chasing your tail, trying to keep up with creating high-quality, engaging content to keep your followers entertained. But, shooting social media content isn’t as intimidating as you may think.
So, with our work with our social media clients, we’ve figured out a few ways we can “life hack” social media content creation, to make it easier, quicker, and prepped in advance so we can have a breather every now and then!
- A phone with a high-quality camera. Most smartphones these days have such incredible cameras you probably won’t need more than this.
- A tripod where you can hold your phone. This stabilises the phone (increases the quality), keeps it in the same spot (which you’ll need if you’re shooting things like TikTok transitions) and leaves you hands-free to run around sorting out everything else!
- A ring light or two. This will make your content far better quality and counteract any weird-coloured lighting. Normally, these come with a tripod attached and can be found on Amazon for really cheap. They’re also super fun to use and make you feel like Molly-Mae for the day.
- What are you hoping to achieve? What’s the messaging behind the content you’re creating and how does this fit with your brand?
- What are you aiming for? Do you have examples from content creators that inspire you that you can use as reference points? Put this all together and have this on hand when you’re shooting so you know what you’re hoping to achieve.
- Where do you want to shoot this content and why? Is there anything you need to order in advance to make the backdrop for your shoot exactly how you want it? If it’s a public space, are you allowed to shoot there?
- Open settings
- Scroll down to Camera
- Under “Record Video” you can change the quality settings. Set this to 4k.